Chemistry Teacher - Online High School for Apex Learning Virtual School
Summary(Review): Apex Learning Virtual School (ALVS), founded in 1999, is a fully accredited, private online high school that offers full-time and part-time options to students who need a high quality, alternative education. ALVS is currently looking for a high school Chemistry teacher.
Job Overview for Chemistry Teacher - Online High School
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Chemistry Teacher - Online High School
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Chemistry Teacher - Online High School Job Description
Do you love Chemistry?
We are looking for a dynamic grade 12 Chemistry Teacher, who can inspire and motivate students to teach Ontario Secondary School curriculum credit courses. This is a work from home opportunity to teach with a premium Online Education Institute.
- There are openings for developing and teaching senior Chemistry courses in an online, asynchronous environment.
- A course template has been developed and will be available for teachers, along with guidance and support from an instructional designer.
Chemistry Teacher - Online High School Job Requirements
- have OCT or equivalent experience teaching Chemistry
- follow the OCT professional standards
- have a working knowledge of Ontario’s Growing Success assessment framework
- support the varied learning styles of students
- promote a supportive and professional rapport with students in the online environment
- Previous experience with LMS technologies (Canvas, Brightspace, or Moodle) is an asset but not essential.
- Experience in subject matter is more important than technical skill as the client will provide all necessary technical and course development support.
- As well as qualified teachers, this position is ideal for retired, part-time, or those teachers who are newly qualified.
- We will also consider education students in their final year.
- Experience: Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Chemistry Teacher - Online High School Salary and Compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
How to Apply to Chemistry Teacher - Online High School?
Chemistry Teacher - Online High School Interview Process & Tips
- If you are an educator with a passion for learning, please apply for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company Information for Apex Learning Virtual School
ALVS serves over 15,000 students each year as a full-time school that also offers single course credits. High school students across the country and internationally enroll in ALVS to complete Advanced Placement® courses, retake credits, get ahead, or supplement a homeschool curriculum.
Apex Learning Virtual School (ALVS) is a fully accredited, private online high school that offers full-time and part-time options to students who need a high quality, alternative education. Two-thirds of our students are referred by their schools or other families. They choose ALVS to recover credits, get ahead, strengthen skills, and prepare for the college application process. Unlike most online options, ALVS courses are NCAA®, College Board®, and UC approved. Over 100,000 students have completed our courses and earned credit with a 90% passing rate, and students taking Apex Learning courses do better than the national average in subsequent related courses.