Online ESL Teacher for Eigox
Summary(Review): Eigox hires native teachers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They also hired teachers from the Philippines. The pay is low at just a little over $5 for each 25-minute lesson for native teachers. The rate is $1.50 for teachers from the Philippines. The lessons are taught through materials that the student has or that you have online. That makes the classes more flexible, but it can be a little hectic not following a plan by the company. All payments are paid through PayPal. They do perform reviews from time to time and at that time they will increase your pay rate if you’re doing well. The minimum amount of hours each week or 10 hours. You should be ready to provide materials for the students online. Some students will also select their own online materials to review with you.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Late Night (12am-3am)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 2 MB/s
Min Downloading: 5 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
– Salary range: 600 yen per lesson (fixed) = US$ 5.42/ 25-min lesson = US$10.82/hour
– Class schedule: 24/7/365
– Class size: One on one
– Class duration: 25 mins
– Student age group: From babies to the retired.
– Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies): N/A
– Native/Non-Native: Native
– Accent preferences: North American, British, Australia, New Zealand
– Bachelor’s degree requirement: Not necessary
– Teaching experience requirement: Not necessary
– TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: Not necessary
– Booking situation, how to get students?:
All up to the students. They check teacher’s profile and lesson
schedule, and decide
whether or not book the teacher.
– Great thing about this job?:
Our tutors say students are generally kind and nice, and they can enjoy the
cultural exchange while teaching.
Here is a video of the classroom environment:
Are you a native speaker of English or an excellent speaker of English as a second language?
Are you looking for a part-time job you can do from your home?
Are you interested in helping Japanese students study English?
- Be a native speaker of English with an accent of USA, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Have clear pronunciation of good communication skills.
- Be friendly, encouraging and patient.
- Be Equipped with a wired, high-speed Internet, Skype, a headset, and a reliable computer with a webcam.
- Value punctuality and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Have a PayPal account. (Eigox pays salaries only through PayPal.)
An online English language school is seeking native English speaking tutors who can
help Japanese students study English on Skype. You can do this job from the comfort
of your home in your free time.
- One lesson is 25 minutes, and you can schedule your lessons/ classes very flexible.
- Tutors provide lessons according to students’ choices of learning method as follows.
1. Free talk
- This is for students who wish to practice their English through a conversational class.
Topics vary from self-introduction to hobbies, cultures, travel, life, sports, work, school, science, etc.
2. Textbook-based learning
- This is for students who wish to practice English formally and systematically using textbooks.
3. Using free online materials
- Some students wish to practice their English using free online materials.
There are plenty of useful materials on the internet which can be accessed for free.
・Filipino tutors/ Non-Native Tutors: ￥160~ (approx. US$1.50~) per 25 minute lesson
・Native tutors/ Japanese bilingual tutors: ￥600~ (approx. US$5.40~) per 25 minute lesson
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for Eigox
EIGOX ( https://eigox.jp/ ) is an online English school based in Japan.
We are seeking ESL tutors who can teach Japanese students from home using Skype.