Review: Eigox only hires native teachers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. The pay is low at just a little over $5 for each 25-minute lesson. The lessons are taught through materials that the student has or that you have online. That makes the classes more flexible, but it can be a little hectic not following a plan by the company.
Job Overview for Eigox:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
– School name: Eigox
– Salary range: 600 yen per lesson (fixed) = US$ 5.42/ 25-min lesson = US$10.82/hour
– Class schedule: 24/7/365
– Class size: One on one
– Class duration: 25 mins
– Student age group: From babies to the retired.
– Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies): N/A
– Native/Non-Native: Native
– Accent preferences: North American, British, Australia, New Zealand
– Bachelor’s degree requirement: Not necessary
– Teaching experience requirement: Not necessary
– TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: Not necessary
– Booking situation, how to get students?:
All up to the students. They check teacher’s profile and lesson
schedule, and decide
whether or not book the teacher.
– Great thing about this job?:
Our tutors say students are generally kind and nice, and they can enjoy the
cultural exchange while teaching.
– School website: https://eigox.jp/
Here is a video of the classroom environment:
Here is a video of a Teacher application to work with Eigox:
Are you a native speaker of English?
Are you looking for a part-time job you can do from your home?
Are you interested in helping Japanese students study English?
An online English language school is seeking native English speaking tutors who can
help Japanese students study English on Skype. You can do this job from the comfort
of your home in your free time.
- One lesson is 25 minutes, and you can schedule your lessons/ classes very flexible.
- Tutors provide lessons according to students’ choices of learning method as follows.
1. Free talk
- This is for students who wish to practice their English through a conversational class.
Topics vary from self-introduction to hobbies, cultures, travel, life, sports, work, school, science, etc.
2. Textbook-based learning
- This is for students who wish to practice English formally and systematically using textbooks.
3. Using free online materials
- Some students wish to practice their English using free online materials.
There are plenty of useful materials on the internet which can be accessed for free.
Potential candidates should:
- Be a native speaker of English with an accent of USA, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Have clear pronunciation of good communication skills.
- Be friendly, encouraging and patient.
- Be Equipped with a wired, high-speed Internet, Skype, a headset, and a reliable computer with a webcam.
- Value punctuality and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Have a PayPal account. (Eigox pays salaries only through PayPal.)
600 yen / Lesson (25mins) * Paid monthly to your PayPal account.
- As Trainees, new tutors will receive 300 yen/ lesson for the first 10 lessons.
- You must write a lesson review within 24 hours after the lesson. It will take you a few minutes.
- Payment is made monthly to your PayPal account.