Review: English Ninjas has mixed reviews with the negative ones coming from when the school first started. It appears that they worked out their issues, but you should still be careful if you apply to teach for them. If you are considered a non-native you can get a job with them. If you are non-native you have to have a neutral accent. You need to either be working towards a degree or currently have a degree. Having certificate is preferred but not required. The peak hours are from 6 PM to 2 AM Turkish time. They pay $.16 per minute of tutoring along with a bonus structure.
Job Overview for English Ninjas:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Work at Home: Part-time Online English Tutor
The tutor offers educational services via interactive audio and video sessions to assist learners of the English language in their grammar, pronunciation and conversational skills. The tutor is obliged to remain online on the English Ninjas platform during the hours assigned to her/his weekly schedule. The tutor is obliged to follow certain protocol and curriculum set by English Ninjas. The tutor is obliged to offer services in line with company standards. The tutor is obliged to ensure that s/he has reliable high-speed internet connection and all other technical requirements needed to provide uninterrupted, high-quality services to students. Failure to do so might result in termination. The tutor is responsible for everything s/he expresses, all her/his actions and behaviour during sessions. English Ninjas reserves the right to take legal action and demand to be compensated for damages that might result from the utterances, expressions, actions and behaviour of the tutor.
Frequency: The tutor is paid twice monthly. Pay periods end on the 15th and the 30th of each month. The tutor should be expecting a payment after the above-stated dates for each pay period, paydays may vary.
Calculation: The tutor is paid a base amount for being online during hours set in her/his weekly schedule during that pay period. A bonus amount is added to her/his pay for the total amount of time spent actively tutoring.
Deductions: Certain deductions are applicable for not being online during a scheduled shift and for misuse of time while online on English Ninjas platform.
Income Taxes: The tutor is accountable for all income taxes as per the rules and regulations of her/his country of residence or origin where applicable.
Our online classes are 100% conversational. We want our students to have real-life conversations with native speakers. Conversations can be about anything; from sports to art, from foods to culture.
As an Online English Tutor, your job is to drive the conversation and to give students feedback on how they can improve grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary. All sessions are held via an online platform and are 1 on 1, private lessons.
Our Best Online English Tutors
- Love travelling and interacting with people all over the world.
- Ask good questions and want to expand their knowledge on different topics.
- Know how to listen to someone.
- The only thing you need is a good internet connection and a computer with a headset.
We are offering a part-time job with a great flexibility. Depending on your availability, you can set your weekly schedule.
You will have live conversations with our students from all over the world. You will be helping them improve their English speaking skills.
This is a 100% work from home opportunity. You don’t need to go through any complicated visa process or move to another country!
Unlike most other online schools, we have a very transparent and straightforward compensation plan. There will be no setup fees, Paypal fees, currency exchange fees, or holds.
3. Do you hire both native and non-native teachers? We hire native teachers only. Some exceptions can be made if the applicant has many years of experience and a neutral accent.
4. Can they teach from any location around the world? Yes.
5. What are the minimum bandwidth requirements? 4MB
6. What OS do they need? All OS is fine, they need to use Google Chrome as their browser
7. What are the peak hours? 6PM-2AM Turkish time
8. What are the minimum hours per week/month? min. 12 hrs per week (there is no max hrs per week)
9. What is the pay rate and are there any bonuses? 16cents per minute of tutoring, there are bonuses for writing blog posts and contributing to recruitment efforts
10. Are the student adults or kids? Mostly adults (95% and some kids)