Review: Golden Voice is based out of Toronto Canada and is focused on teaching Chinese children grades 1-9. They have a well laid out learning management system that involves one on one and group lessons. You need to be a native English teacher with a degree or teaching certificate. Most important is that you must be legally able to work in the U.S. or Canada. There is an external background check that is performed so do not bother applying if you do not meet their requirements. They have GVE-provided teaching materials, resources, and techniques so all you need to do is show up for the lessons. The working hours are between 6 AM to 10 AM EDT from Monday to Friday and between 9 PM and 10 AM EDT (following day) on Saturdays and Sundays. The hourly rate is 20 CAD/hour (the equivalent of 10 CAD/per lesson, considering each lesson is about 30 min).
Job Overview for Golden Voice English (GVEOE)
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
Here are a few videos to help you learn more about Golden Voice:
Become A Tutor
At Golden Voice English Online Education Inc. (GVEOE), we are breaking down the physical boundaries of the traditional ESL schools and bringing high-quality English language education into the digital age. If you are a superstar English tutor and are not afraid of using technology, we want to hear from you!
As a GVE English Tutor, you will provide exceptional online English lessons to Chinese children via a video conferencing tool. You will be able to deliver unique, engaging and innovative e-Learning lessons using GVE-provided teaching materials, resources and techniques. This is a part-time, independent contractor role, working between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 am (EST) on Monday-Saturday.
Tutors build their class schedule upon completion of their contract.
Reasons To Be A Gve Tutor
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Hours
- Free Professional Development
- Work From Home
How It Works
- Once you are hired you will be given access to our Learning Management system (LMS).
- You will input your availability into the calendar and students will be assigned to you based on who works with your schedule.
- You will receive a message in your inbox about your next learning session; all you have to do is accept the lesson.
- You will receive payment after your sessions are complete on a monthly basis.
- Native English fluency required
- Teaching experience: Minimum 6 months or equivalent combination of ESL/EFL teaching experience, including part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
- Committed availability, minimum one hour, from 5 am to 9 am Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Qualified home office/location with an Internet-connected computer with webcam capability (see hardware & software section below)
- Minimum three-month or equivalent combination of ESL/EFL teaching experience, including part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
- Strong communication skills interacting with ESL/EFL students
- Must be punctual at all times and follow the agreed-upon lesson schedule
- Passionate about language education
- Will be required to pass an externally generated background check, including a criminal record report
Additional work requirements
– Legally entitled to work in US or Canada with a SSN/SIN and have a corresponding American or Canadian bank account. We cannot contract tutors with residential addresses in Quebec or California due to local independent contracting law.
- Prefer Internet Explorer 11 or higher
- Chrome of latest version (minimum 38)
- Firefox of the latest version (minimum 35)
- Safari (OS X only) version 8+ (minimum 6)
- Microsoft Office Software (2010 or newer)
- OS Type
- Windows 7 or newer (32/64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core Series (i3, i5, i7) RAM
- 4GB or More
- Webcam (HD recommended 720P+)
- Digital or analog (3.5mm) headset
- Internet Bandwidth: Minimum 10Mb/1.5mb (down/up) per second
If you meet all of the requirements to be a GVEOE tutor go ahead and APPLY! Here is what you can expect throughout the process.
- Fill out the online application
- Our skilled in-house recruiters review your application
- One of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will contact you via email to schedule an Online Interview
- An online interview with our Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Successful candidates will be offered a contract for tutoring services
- Fill out all personal information forms
- Start Tutoring!
About Golden Voice English Online Education Inc. (GVE)
Golden Voice English Online Education Inc. (GVE) is an e-learning company that provides a comprehensive online English program for students based in China. Offering a curriculum that follows the Chinese public school system and is developed by education experts and industry-leading North American publishers, GVE focuses on speaking and listening skills, pairing experienced North American tutors with students in China in grades 1-9. With offices in Toronto, Canada and Tianjin, China, GVE’s online English program represents the best of e-Learning, showcasing lessons that are interactive, hands-on and practical for students’ daily lives. Focusing on building speaking and conversation skills, GVE’s online English program allows students the chance to interact with Native English speakers via video conferencing software from the comfort of their own homes or even when they are on the go. GVE’s commitment to high academic standards and student success results in an engaging online education experience that bridges the cultural gap between students and tutors. With GVE, students develop the confidence and ability to achieve their English-learning goals throughout their educational journey and beyond!
Founded in 2015. gveoe.com