Review: IQBar is another create a profile company for online ESL teachers. On your registration video, you should include your achievements and your teaching styles. We have a series of introduction videos here. The pay rate is typically £4.50 – £6.25 for 30 mins or up to £18 for full hour lessons. They also offer bonuses as well.
Job Overview for IQBar:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
How to Become a Tutor
– School name: IQBar
– Salary range: US$12-16+bonus
– Class schedule: 14:00 – 22:00 China Time (CST) – PEAK HOURS: 18:00 – 22:00 China Time (CST)
– Class size: 1 to 1 tutoring
– Class duration: 25-30 mins
– Student age group: age 5-15
– Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies): Minimum of 5 hours per week during the peak hours
– Native/Non-Native: Native level English speakers (Non-natives with excellent grammar and pronunciation will also be considered)
– Bachelor’s degree requirement: preferred
– TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: preferred
– Booking situation: Guaranteed bookings during peak hours
How to Complete a Tutorial
Before the session
- Breadies will explain what they want from a session in their self-assessment form, which will be sent to you ahead of your session. Have a read and be prepared.
- Please be online 10 minutes ahead of your session’s starting time.
- All you need is a working Internet connection, earphones, microphone, webcam and Skype. A good Internet connection is paramount for a good tutoring experience.
During the session
- Start voice recording when your session starts.
- Be friendly and patient; always remember to encourage your Bready.
After the session
- Complete your Review after each session.
- Upload the session’s voice recording for your Review.
- Be rewarded for your hard work.
What salary will I expect to earn per month?
This topic covers a commonly asked question – how much am I expected to earn per month?
The answer to this is – we aren’t sure! There are many different factors that influence your salary. For example, how flexible is your time, how many hours per week can you commit to teaching, does your teaching profile promote your skills effectively, what subjects can you teach, are you a good teacher, etc.
- English oral practice (30 mins): £4.50 – £6.25 with TEFL qualification
- Written Skill Lab (1 hour): £18
- University Consultation (1 hour): £10
- Academic Tuition (1 hour): £15
- Taster sessions for any of the above services (30 mins): £4.50
+ Potential Bonus
- The more reviews you get, the higher your salary will go!
+ Potential Bonus
- Employee of the month: £30
- 2nd place: £5
- 3rd place: £5
Realistic Monthly Salary
- £350 – £450
Content For Registration Buddy Video
The video should be 4-8 minutes long. Breadies will select you over other IQBar Buddies using this video, your sample Q&A and the self-introduction. This is your opportunity to promote your achievements and inform Breadies of why you are the perfect Buddy for them!
- Introduce yourself: Include a bit of background on yourself and your achievements
- Our Breadies are goal and outcome orientated so really emphasize your academic achievements and grades
- Discuss your teaching style. This may be interactive, adaptable, using quizzes and examples, etc
- Introduce the services that you are able to help Breadies with
- Say how you can help your Bready to attain the necessary knowledge to excel
- Reiterate your interest in helping Breadies with their areas for improvement