Review: Language Development System is looking for native online English teachers who reside in the United States. You should have a 4-year college degree or near completion of a B.A. or B.S. Although it is not one of the requirements for teaching at Language Development System, prior teaching experience is a plus. You must be familiar with software MS Office and Internet Explorer. You are required to have a minimum computer requirement of CPU (GHz) (1.7GHz minimum required), RAM (GB) (1.0GB minimum required). Your connection speed should be at least 3 Mbps. You are required to use the USB-connected headset with an attached microphone. They appear to be a small school so it is not clear if they hire a lot of teachers.
Job Overview for Language Development System:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
- You must have a 4-year college degree (or nearing completion of a B.A. or B.S.)
- Teaching degree or English degree (preferred, but not required)
- With teaching experience (preferred, but not required)
- Familiarity with software tools such as MS Office and Internet Explorer a standard American-English accent (native English speaker) and knowledge of English grammar
- In addition, applicants must reside in the United States to be eligible.
The following are the minimum computer requirements for the position:
- CPU (GHz) (1.7GHz minimum required)
- RAM (GB) (1.0GB minimum required)
- If you use DSL: (3mbps minimum required)
- You must have a hard-wired connection between your computer and the router using an Ethernet cable (Verizon is not a wireless connection even though you can connect to a router, there is no physical line coming into the home)
We require the use of a USB-connected headset (with an attached microphone) for teaching classes ( we have found that Plantronics or MS live chat headsets work the best with the x-lite and have little to no echo problems).
All training is provided for free. Upon completion of training and teaching a mock class, tutors will be sent a 6 month, renewable, contract to be completed and signed as designated.
Please submit resumes as a Word document with a cover letter in the following file-name format: LastName_FirstName_Resume
For example Smith_John_Resume