Online Teaching Assistant for Strayer University
Summary(Review): Strayer University is currently looking for passionate part-time Teaching Assistants to support their online undergraduate level English class for the upcoming Spring quarter starting April 6, 2020.
Job Overview for Online Teaching Assistant
Pay Rate per Hour:
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online Teaching Assistant
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online Teaching Assistant Job Description
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on Teaching Assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our online undergraduate level English class for the upcoming Spring quarter starting April 6, 2020.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
Online Teaching Assistant Job Requirements
- All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered Master’s in English, English Education or Communications, required
- Work Experience: Previous teaching experience with adult learners, required
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong mental acuity
Online Teaching Assistant Salary and Compensation
How to Apply to Online Teaching Assistant?
Online Teaching Assistant Interview Process & Tips
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.
Company Information for Strayer University
Strayer’s history stretches back 125 years to 1892, when our founder, Dr. S. Irving Strayer, opened the doors of Strayer’s Business College in Baltimore, Maryland. His concept was in response to what he saw as a rapid expansion of the business world, along with new technologies that would lead to increasing demand for well-trained, professional employees.
Throughout the course of our history, Strayer has always focused on preparing adult students to succeed in the workforce.