Online ESL Teacher for TeachPlus
Summary(Review): To apply for an online ESL job at TeachPlus you need to be a native English speaker. For the educational requirements, you must have at least a BA degree or higher. A teaching certification is also required if you want to apply for this job. In terms of teaching experience, you need more than two years of ESL teaching experience. The pay rate is $22-$30 an hour. Each class consists of 2 to 12 students located in the same classroom together. You will be projected into the classroom via their own video meeting software.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 4 MB/s
Min Downloading: 12 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
- $22-$30/hour (50% higher than average market value)
- TeachPlus classes consist of 2 to 12 students who are physically located in the same classroom together during our live lessons. Teachers will be projected into the classroom via video meeting software.
- Training – After you have been hired we will take you step-by-step through our web meeting software, how to set up your environment, and best practices for online teaching. With this training and your forthcoming experience, you will be an expert in no time.
- After your Trail Class, your experience and performance will help us determine your hourly wage and that number will be presented to you in your contract. Our starting salary is $22 per hour but you could be paid as much as $30 per hour. Our pay is 50% higher than the average online English teaching company.
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
● Native English Speaker
● BA degree
● Teaching Certification
● More than 2 years ESL teaching experience
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Online ESL Teacher Interview Process & Tips
● Apply Online: email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Interview: Conducted via Skype, this is a one-on-one interview with you and our HR Team
● Demo-Class: Using one of our lesson plans, you will demonstrate your abilities in a Demo-Class
● Training: We will teach you how to use our unique software and prepare you for your classes
● Trial Class: We will see how you perform in real classes and help you grow as a teacher and professional
● Background Check: We will conduct a thorough background check
● Sign Contract: We will introduce your contract and ask you to sign it and return it to us
● Join the TeachPlus Team: Get ready, you can start this exciting adventure as an online English teacher!! Congratulations!!
Based on the teaching materials we will provide before the Demo-Lesson, potential candidates will be asked to teach one lesson. Performance-based evaluations will focus on the following criteria:
1. Passionate and excited delivery of teaching materials
2. Able to give clear and concise directions
3. Correction of student mistakes
4. Level-appropriate and thorough explanation of grammar and language points
5. Frequent interaction and engagement of all students
Company Information for TeachPlus
We are an international company placed strategically in the heart of the “Chinese Silicon Valley”. Our mission is to provide immersive EFL experiences via modern technology in rural Chinese communities which do not have access to professional EFL teachers. We constantly strive to provide equal opportunities to children and communities in an attempt to make the world a better place.
The Problem: There is a lack of online teaching platforms that can accommodate professional educators with a real teaching environment plus providing competitive salaries.
Our Solution: Our unique platform brings a new style of working to you. We take the Chinese classroom and bring it to your home through the newest and most interactive technology platforms. You can work from home and still make a competitive salary.
The Problem: Educational inequality is a global problem. In China, educational resources are concentrated in big cities, especially for English learning.
Our Solution: We found special ways to spread opportunities to the remotest of villages. We strive to facilitate effective English education to as many children in China as possible.
Backed By The Industry:
We are backed by top investors, educational institutions and associations, media, universities, and more.