Mission: Vipteens connects Chinese students with American elementary and secondary school teachers. By means of live online courses which focus on small-group tutoring, Chinese students from Grades 3-12 receive exposure to a North American curriculum successively and systematically. They can learn to think like American students, take Common Core aligned courses regularly and systematically, and therefore make better preparations for their future study overseas.
Job Overview for VIPTeens
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Details for VIPTeens
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
VIPTeens Job Requirements
- Bachelor or above degree in English, Education, Literature, Comparative Writing or TESOL. (Graduation from a branded school is a priority.)
- A US/Canada Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience in one or more of the following subjects: Language Arts (Writing, Reading, Literature, Creative Writing).
- A current teaching credential is required.
- Proficient in general PC literacy and online web conferencing platforms.
- High degree of flexibility. Ability to work remotely.
- Always punctual (ideally be ready online a few minutes before the class starts).
VIPTeens Job Description
Availability to teach classes within the following time slots:
- The hours of 19:30 to 21: 05 Tuesday-Sunday GMT+8
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday GMT+8
(6:30 a.m. to 8:05 a.m. Tuesday –Sunday EST
19:00-23:00 Friday and Saturday EST)
- A class with 6-8 students will be 1.5 hours in length.
- Minimum 16 weeks commitment with minimum 2 classes each week.
- To teach students English Language Arts.
- To evaluate the performance and progress of each student.
- To grade student homework.
- Provide instructions, support and guidance, manage the learning process and focus on individual needs of the students.
- Middle school teachers will receive a base pay of USD $35-$45 per hour depending on experience and qualification. The bonus may be paid (but not guaranteed) after each lesson for writing a class report and grading homework.
- This position is ideal for teachers looking for a long-term part-time online teaching opportunity to supplement their income and to develop skills in teaching ESL&ELA to international students.
How to Apply to VIPTeens?
School Info of VIPTeens
Founded in 2015, Vipteens aims to introduce the English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum into mainland China from North America. Through the Internet, Elementary and middle school teachers of North America could give lessons to Chinese students directly. Meanwhile, Chinese students could receive the original K-12 education of North America even without leaving home.