Review: VIPTeens hires teachers from the US or Canada to teach Chinese kids and teenagers. You must have a bachelors degree or above in English, Education, Literature, Comparative Writing or have a TESOL certification. They also require you have some sort of current teaching credentials. You should have experience in Language Arts, with Writing, Reading, Literature, or Creative Writing. You will be teaching a small group of 10-12 students. Your bonus may be paid (but not guaranteed) after each lesson for writing a class report and grading homework.
Job Overview for VIPTeens
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
- Bachelor or above degree in English, Education, Literature, Comparative Writing or TESOL. (Graduation from a branded school is a priority.)
- A US/Canada Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience in one or more of the following subjects: Language Arts (Writing, Reading, Literature, Creative Writing).
- A current teaching credential is required.
- Proficient in general PC literacy and online web conferencing platforms.
- High degree of flexibility. Ability to work remotely.
- Always punctual (ideally be ready online a few minutes before the class starts).
Availability to teach classes within the following time slots:
- The hours of 19:30 to 21: 05 Tuesday-Sunday GMT+8
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday GMT+8
(6:30 a.m. to 8:05 a.m. Tuesday –Sunday EST
19:00-23:00 Friday and Saturday EST)
- A class with 6-8 students will be 1.5 hours in length.
- Minimum 16 weeks commitment with minimum 2 classes each week.
- To teach students English Language Arts.
- To evaluate the performance and progress of each student.
- To grade student homework.
- Provide instructions, support and guidance, manage the learning process and focus on individual needs of the students.
- Middle school teachers will receive a base pay of USD $35-$45 per hour depending on experience and qualification. The bonus may be paid (but not guaranteed) after each lesson for writing a class report and grading homework.
- This position is ideal for teachers looking for a long-term part-time online teaching opportunity to supplement their income and to develop skills in teaching ESL&ELA to international students.