Review: Le Waijiao states that they have native English teachers, which I do not doubt. However, they also state that they will hire non-native teachers with the proper accent. One interesting aspect as well is that they pay you for your available hours even if you do not have a student to teach. You need to have a college degree and they prefer that you have a certificate as well. The availability is at least 18 hours a week and you must have a Windows PC. Lastly, you need to make a one-year commitment when you sign your contract with them.
Job Overview for LeWaijiao
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Requirements for LeWaijiao
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
LeWaijiao Job Requirements
- Experience with teaching children, TESOL or TEFL certificate is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- A relaxed, positive attitude
- Punctuality and responsibility in your work
- Be available at least 18 hours weekly
- At least one-year experience teaching ESL is preferred
- A commitment to teaching at least one year is required
- Must possess at least a College Level Education/Teaching/Training or equivalent.(1-2 years teaching experience in On-line, ESL, Call Center is an advantage)
- Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Must speak English at a native level with an excellent American or British accent.
- Access to Windows 7 or higher
- Must have high-speed internet connection at home (at least 2mbps not Wifi)
LeWaijiao Job Description
- Payment for your available hours, not just for the classes students book
- Onboard training and on-going training
- A helpful and kind support staff to provide support for teachers throughout their teaching contract
- The ability to work from home and create your own schedule
If students don’t show up for their online lesson, do I get paid?
- Yes. Once your available hours are set and you are online, you are paid whether or not the student shows up for your lesson.
Can you be flexible with my schedule?
- Yes. Le Waijiao asks for at least 18 hours availability per week for our students in China. The available teaching hours will range from the morning to the evening depending on your availability and time zone. We understand that teachers are located all over the world and can consider your time zone when scheduling your availability.
Do I get paid for the twice per month teacher meetings?
- Yes. Teacher meetings are twice per month for a monthly total of 4 hours. These meetings are paid.
How fast does my internet connection need to be?
- During your On-Board Training Course, we will have a Connection Test. The connection should not be over wi-fi and have, at least, 2mbps.
Do I teach group or 1-to-1 lessons online?
- All the classes are small group classes, usually 4 students in a group.
I am not a native English speaker. Can I still work for Le Waijiao?
- While most of our teachers are native English speakers, we understand that some teachers are dual (or tri-) mother-tongue speakers. With this background, we can assess your accent and culture ability during the interview.
Do I get paid for the twice per month teacher meetings?
LeWaijiao Salary and Compensation
How many hours per week can I work?
- We ask that you are available for, at least, 18 hours per week. If you are available for more hours, Le Waijiao is happy to accommodate.
What will be my hourly pay?
- Your hourly paid is determined by four things: 1) University education level, 2) CELTA/TESOL certifications, 3) Work history, 4) Your performance during the interview, demo lessons, and trainings. After you complete the hiring process and successfully pass, you will be given an offer with your determined hourly rate, which is between 13$-30$.
How to Apply to LeWaijiao?
LeWaijiao Interview Process & Tips
What is the interview like?
- Once you send us your resume, one of our recruiters will review your information and contact you if you passed the initial screening. You will be contacted by a Le Waijiao coordinator to set up your interview time. The interview is conducted via Skype video and is about 1 hour. During your interview, you will be asked to do a 5 minutes demo lesson.
What is the hiring process like?
- Resume screening
- Interview with demo lesson (1 hour )
- Onboard Training Course(5 hours). Training hours are paid.
- Connection test (1 – 2 hours)
- Professional Training Course (9 hours) Training hours are paid.
- You’re Hired – Congratulations! You are a Professional Le Waijiao Teacher.
What is the training like?
- Le Waijiao has two training courses. Onboard training focuses on the introduction to the company, including the company’s culture, mission, etc, as well as skills on how to best deliver an online class, while Professional Training Courses focus on more teaching skills and handy tips.
What is the training schedule?
- Every week we conduct On-Board Training/Connection Test and Professional Training Courses. The On-Board training and Connection Test is 3 hours per day for 2 days in a row. You can choose which consecutive two days are better for you. If you pass the Onboard Training, you can continue to the Professional Training Course. The PTC is 3 hours per day for 3 consecutive days in a row.
How to apply?
If interested, please send the application via the following form,
Review from the Online ESL Reviews Facebook Group here.
I had a very good experience with this companies interview process. The recruiter was great, and very personable.
This company requires you to work a set schedule. For those looking for flexibility with the scheduling, this is not the company for you. The company requires their teachers to work a set schedule until 10pm (China time). You can pick the number of days you work. The least amount of time is three days per week.
LEWAIJIAO is a Chinese ESL teaching company and subsidy of Tal Educational group providing K-12 students in China English lesson via online lessons.Work Here? Get a Free Employer Account